Cloudleaf is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Sales Engineer with a solid background in solutions architecture and customer/sales interaction. You will be working with a small sales team and will have a direct business impact. The Sales Engineer must have hands-on configuration and troubleshooting capability and must be able to communicate technical solutions in a clear and understanding way to potential customers. The role includes preparing and delivering sales presentations; solutions architecture; installing/configuring Proof-of-Concept solutions and assisting with the initial stages of project deployment.
He or she will prepare and assist the Sales Executive to deliver sales presentations to potential customers and work with Professional Services and Engineering to understand possible customer solutions. The individual will be the primary liaison between the customer and Cloudleaf Engineering to assess, define, and present a proposed solution architecture to the customer. He or she will also diligently guide the customer through the implementation process and mediate any technical support issues.
This is a full-time position based in Milpitas, CA. United States.
- Become an expert on Cloudleaf products and how best to deploy and adapt them for a variety of customer challenges
- Engage daily with a variety of customers across industries to discover and understand their challenges and apply Cloudleaf solutions to solve them
- Experiment with and test new and potential products to understand advantages, limitations, and deployment requirements
- Gather and deliver customer requirements for Professional Services project services and configure PoC (Proof-of-Concept) software/hardware solutions at customer location, while engaging customer stakeholders
- Provide feedback to Product Management on what works and what doesn’t about new products, and the nuances of customer operations
- Own and drive relationships with operational audiences of all kinds — from engineers to plant managers — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Work on a small, focused cross functional team in the areas of Product Management, Sales, and Engineering to grow new business
- A capable engineer with experience understanding, using, building, or testing software/scripting applications
- Experienced speaking with and engaging important stakeholders to understand problems and business challenges (enterprise customers is preferred)
- Great communication skills with the ability to demonstrate complex or technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrates a tenacity to test, understand, and deploy technical solutions and products
- Ability to find and explore new technical products and concepts in order to understand potential technical solutions and customer opportunities
- Experience with hands-on / experimental work that reflects an ability to install solutions side-by-side with customers when required
- Minimum 5+ year of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or support capacity
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling, deploying, and working with technical products
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Experimenting with hardware gadgets, sensors, and IoT software solutions is a plus
- Bachelor/Master degree in engineering, computer science or related field; advanced degree desirable
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, Dental, & 401K
- Equity stake in our future success
- Flexible vacation policy
- Team building activities, kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Work on exciting new technologies and applications