Cloudleaf Board of Advisors Adds Shekar Natarajan, One of Supply Chain Management’s Foremost Thought Leaders
San Francisco, CA: October 16, 2019– Cloudleaf, Inc., an emerging leader in digital supply chain solutions, today announced the appointment of Shekar Natarajan, one of the foremost thought leaders in supply chain management, to the company’s Corporate Board of Advisors.
“The largest corporations in the world are demanding actionable visibility in their supply chains,” Shekar said. “The Cloudleaf Supply Chain Digital Visibility Platform™ provides a more complete end-to-end view than any solution in the marketplace today. I am excited to help Cloudleaf bring this powerful platform to the world’s largest and most complex supply chains.”
“Companies like Walmart, Disney and Coca Cola have called upon Shekar to optimize some of the most extensive supply chains on earth,” said Cloudleaf Chief Executive Officer Mahesh Veerina. “We could not ask for a more esteemed practitioner to join our Board of Advisors.”
Shekar has held leadership roles with major corporations such as Walmart, Target, The Walt Disney Company, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and Coca Cola and is credited with creating game-changing digital supply chain capabilities such as the scalable grocery home shopping model; The Disney Magic Band experience; Coolift; DSD Innovation; and the digital supply chain industry’s first control tower. Responsible for bringing emerging sciences to numerous companies, he has led teams that have generated more than 1,800 patents. Shekar personally is holder of 50 patents, as well as 300 in the process of approval.
His industry accomplishments have earned 14 international awards, including the Non-Resident Indian of the year by the Government of India; the Medallion Award by IIE; Visionary by Consumer Goods Technology; and Pioneering Executive by the Asian American Business Development Group. Shekar is the author of three books, and his work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox, CNBC, Supply Chain Quarterly and Harvard Business School. He also sits on numerous for-profit and non-profit boards.
Shekar joins some of the world’s most respected supply chain authorities on the Cloudleaf Corporate Board of Advisors. Members include:
- Professor Hau L. Lee, Thoma Professor of Operations, Information and Technology at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business. His areas of specialization include global value chain innovations, supply chain management, global logistics, inventory modeling, and environmental and social responsibility.
- Bill Marrin, former director of Supply Chain 50, a leading forum for Chief Supply Chain Officers and Executive Director of World 50, which hosts private communities for global executives to share insights on critical issues and strategic challenges.
- Maria Nieradka, former senior executive at Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Johnson and Johnson, and Merck, with over 30 years of supply chain experience in customer service, distribution, logistics, planning and manufacturing within the health care industry. Maria founded Three Lions Consulting, LLC, focused on building supply chain and business management capabilities.
- Professor (Emeritus) Arogyaswami Paulraj of Stanford University. A successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and one of the world’s foremost authorities on wireless technologies, Professor Paulraj spearheaded the MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology that is key to the 4G cellular and WiFi wireless networks that today serve billions of people throughout the world.
- Bill Read, founder of 21 Merit, LLC, former head of Accenture’s Supply Chain practice in North America, and former senior executive at Capgemini, CSC and Cleveland Consulting Associates.